Wednesday, February 12, 2014

On Wednesdays We Wear: Pink


LOVE may be in the air, but PINK is just plain IN.

"Pretty in Pink"


Here's a little background on me:

For those of you who don't know me outside of this blog, I have a very pale complexion with pink undertones. I used to be called "cherry cheeks" in school and I hated it. So as a growing teenager I overcompensated by covering up every inch of redness on my face with makeup and wouldn't be caught DEAD in any shade of pink on my body. I devoted so much of my time to my strong dislike of the color pink and any signs of it in my life. I would even try my hardest to never buy pink school supplies or household items. To put is short, I was a bit extreme.

Then I grew up. 

I entered college and realized that pink was not a color to be afraid of. Wearing the color pink does not automatically mean I talk with a valley-girl accent, enjoy Chihuahuas, and fluffy things. Instead, wearing pink means I am confident with who I am. Being able to wear pink was a struggle for me, but after learning to cope with my personal issues with the color, I learned to accept and even love it. My favorite colors will remain blue and black, but pink accents are not always a thing to fear.

I hope that wearing the color pink can be seen as a sign of confidence and empowerment for all those who don the beautiful hue.

"I'm loving Pink this Valentines Season"




Photograph: Devon Rachel
Jacket: Nordstrom // Dress: Shoshanna // Sunglasses: Karen Walker // Earrings: Bauble Bar 


Photograph: Pinterest
Similar Sweater: MayKool // Similar Sweater: LAFAYETTE148

Subtle and bohemian. Timeless.
Headband: BethalBohemian


Is it too soon to say "I love you"? I absolutely am infatuated with this look.
Photograph: Pinterest

Photograph: Pinterest
Similar Jeans: ASOS // Similar Shirt: Express (peony)



Photograph: Kiss Me Darling
Sweater: F21  // Heels: F21 (fuchsia) // Tassel Bracelet: Bip & Bop c/o



Photograph: Make Life Easier
Top: Mango // Skirt: Trendsetterka.com // Heels: topshop



Photograph: Pinup Girl Clothing
Skirt: Pinup Girl Clothing



Photograph: How To Chic
Sweater: ROMWE // Necklace: NastyGal


I absolutely love the subtle pops of pink in this sophisticated yet fashionable outfit.
Photograph: Pinterest


Photograph: Luulla
Coat: Luulla
Photograph: The Sweetest Thing
Dress: H&M (similar) // Tights: ASOS // Boots: Hunter // Scarf: F21 (similar) // Wallet: Tory Burch 


This drawing I just found too amazing. The pops of pink and the chetah print coat are brilliant.
LOVE.


BONUS

I was looking through some of my favorite pink inspired looks and found myself on a post about how to create your own natural powdered blush. Even though I never wear blush because my cheeks are naturally rosy, this is a brilliant idea and I might just try it. 


Check out Brigette's blogpost about homemade blush!



Free People - Brigette

Let me know if you have ever made your own blush and how did it work?


Happy Valentines Day!




Love Always,
Kirsten

I hope you enjoy the upcoming Valentines Day; single, dating, or married. You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment