Wednesday, May 14, 2014

On Wednesdays We Wear: Hats & Headbands

Are you having a bad hair day? Need to cover up? Or maybe, like me, you find hats and headbands to be a welcome accessory to any daily outfit, as they should be!

I wanted to grab a few of my personal favorite head/hair accessories and let you take a gander through them. Along with some of my favorites, are some hats and headwear that I would not normally attempt, but that's what fashion and style is all about, tempting and breaking down boundaries. So lets do just that.

Welcome to the wonderful world of headwear!


This hat is very appealing for a beach day or working in the yard, or if you are super daring, you can pull this hat off with the right clothes and use it as an everyday accessory. (I purchased a nice nude one for my trip to Mexico last summer with my best friend. It was perfect for keeping the sun away from the eyes yet at the same time, staying fashionable.)




Even though the model displaying this look is very bridal, I  have faith that you can pull off this look as a sophisticated dressed up everyday look. Take Blair Waldorf for example, she donned tones of headbands ranging from simple to satirical. This look is one to keep in mind.



(Pretty much my go-to hat style! I'm absolutely in love with the oversized beanie look. Don't let anyone tell you that they are only for winter. Wear the hell out of them any day of the year.)



I feel like I have to explain this one a bit. (Above) This hat is not one that I could see myself wearing on a daily basis, or even twice a year, however it is very beautiful in it's own right. If you are looking for a steam-punk look or maybe a costume party, this could be a very stylish choice. I am also a sucker for a good widow's veil. 




This is another one of my favorite looks. I have about 20 baseball caps that I wear on rotation. I used to only wear it bill foreword, however, as of the past few years, the cap rotated towards the back has become a statement piece. So depending on the occasion and the day, I will switch it up.



This last look is very pin-up yet classy and while paired perfectly with loose curls, it creates a carefree feeling. I am going to be working on obtaining this look for myself. 


Well that sure was a very eclectic grouping of hats and hair accessories. I believe that each one, in their own right, is absolutely beautiful. When I decide on a hat day my go-to look is a beanie, or a baseball cap. Sometimes I venture out into the fedora or (what I like to call) the 1920s era hat.

What's your favorite type of hair accessory? Do you grab the full coverage of a cap, or do you gravitate more towards a simple yet playful headband? I definitely need to learn more ways to wear my hair. Let this be the beginning!

Love Always,
Kirsten Nicole Huxtable


No comments:

Post a Comment